"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing itself is changed, but that our power to do is increased" Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's been awhile

So, it's been awhile. I will quickly catch everyone up on our happenings. Jon went to boot camp... we were sad. Jon moved to California... we were anxious to meet him there. We are all in California.. we are happy. Now everyone is caught up. California is definitely where we belong. I feel so motivated to be active and healthy, and it is so easy here with perfect weather and fresh food everywhere. Learning the Chinese language is hard, but Jon is working incredibly hard and doing awesome. Eva is getting ready to start preschool in July, and I am adjusting. I get so sad when I think about how fast the time is going. She has always been so independent so it shouldn't surprise me that she is ready to go to school. She tells me everyday that I can't come, because only big girls can go and not their mommies. A little while ago she fell, and I asked her if she wanted me to kiss it better. She looked at her knee, kissed it herself, and told me that she didn't need me anymore she can do it herself. Maybe Kate will need me a little more, but it doesn't look promising. Moving to CA has been rough on Kate. She spent a couple of nights in the hospital with pneumonia, but she is a trooper and doing awesome. We are working with a couple of specialists to help her with her allergies and questionable asthma. As always, she is continually happy and now sleeping through the night. Yea! She is so close to walking. She just needs a little more confidence. Kate copies Eva all the time now and it drives Eva crazy. It is so fun to watch them interact.

2 comments:

  1. You are alive!!! You need to give me a call I haven't talked to you in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am so happy you are FINALLY posting!!
    What a move!! How long are you in CA for?

    ReplyDelete

Contributors